Today is Word Nymph’s 50th blog post. I never thought I’d have that much to say.
Milestones are good occasions to look back.
In 50 blog posts I have learned:
- Readers have as many peeves and curiosities as I do when it comes to language. The ones they would like to explore further include “less” versus “fewer,” “use” versus “utilize,” “that” versus “who” and “that” versus “which,” among others.
- Most readers don’t take themselves or me too seriously, which is the object of the game here, though occasionally someone does school me with pronounced severity.
- The search phrases leading to my blog (which I can see on the back end) are, shall we say, interesting. I definitely underestimated the overall interest in anything nymphish. Also, there are far more people interested in that silly mayonnaise commercial than I would have thought. And far fewer people writing about it. Hence, I might soon attain the title of Mayo Queen. Thank you, Kraft!
- I really shouldn’t blog before coffee.
Also on the occasion of this milestone, here’s what I’d like my readers to know:
- If you see a typo in a post, check back later. Chances are that it’s been fixed. After the aforementioned coffee.
- I appreciate your indulging this experiment of mine. More than anything, your participation is what makes it fun.
I hope you’ll stick around.